Heptagon IT is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to serve as a Jr/Mid-Level Boundary Engineer to support the US Air Force 26 NOS.
As a dynamic systems integrator, SMS offers proven solutions in engineering, operations, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. With expertise in modernizing and optimizing legacy infrastructure and systems, ensuring operational efficiency, and designing, implementing, and managing secure environments, SMS supports business and mission goals with proficiency, quality, and integrity.
Submit your resume today!
Our Router, Boundary Protection, and DNS Teams oversee an enterprise DoD environment supporting the USAF that requires a unique and dynamic skill set that is expected to complete associated training programs and/or actively pursue professional development/cross-training opportunities. All team members expected to provide continuity for 24/7/365 operations regardless of their current assigned shift.
- Serve as a Boundary Protection Team Operator for the 26 Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama.
- Oversees intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the Air Force Network (AFNet).
- Identifies unknown or unauthorized sources which attempt to access the AFNet and, when such attempts occur, notifies the appropriate AF agencies.
- Monitors, operates, and maintains intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, load balancers, and web proxies to protect AFNet resources from both internal and external threat.
- Manage all network security devices across the WAN, to include enterprise-wide functions for firewall, proxies, load balancers, IDS/IPS, VPNs, and malicious code response.
- Assist on-site LAN engineers with troubleshooting support of network equipment and installation of new hardware
- Perform minor and major operating system upgrades on all network security devices.
Enterprise network troubleshooting:
- Must work with all corresponding technical support teams as required to resolve network traffic concerns.
- Utilize monitoring tools and log collectors to provide in-depth analysis on traffic anomalies and issues.
- Work network issues to resolution for customers via trouble tickets, change requests, and phone calls, in direct support with base-level, NOSC-level, and DISA counterparts.
- Receive inbound calls from enterprise customers and work with other external NOCs to troubleshoot and resolve policy configuration issues.
- Perform packet capture analysis as required.
- Experience configuring and managing IDS, Firewalls and other network security platforms.
- Familiarity and experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 appliances, and Cisco ASAs is preferred.
Device and traffic monitoring:
- Performs daily health checks to acknowledge system level faults and begin the process of resolution.
- Utilizes monitoring tools and log collectors to begin initial analysis on network traffic, including (but not limited to) Splunk, Schnozz, ELK, InfoVista, and NIKSUN.
- Flexible schedule as needed:
- This position requires rotating weekends, 24×7 shift support, and on call duties
- It may be required to come in earlier than normal, stay later than normal, or work off shifts to meet contract requirements or to support network changes during off peak maintenance windows.
Experience and Education:
- Position minimum requirements: 0-3 years (Jr) 3-5 years (Mid)
- A professional level network security OS certification of PCNSA or equivalent and CompTIA Security+ or better security certification.
- DoD Secret level security clearance.