This DNS Administrator position assists in the installation and maintenance of the networked information systems. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with team leadership, peers and other IT departments to gain an understanding of the business process lifecycle. The primary responsibility of the Network Specialist is to assist in the deployment and maintenance of standard LAN, WAN and Load Balancing architectures.
Provide user desktop support that includes hardware that would sit on a particular user’s desk to network connectivity and basic computer functions
- Maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Provides list of mail servers which accept Emails for each domain name.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitor system performance and assist in implementing performance tuning.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Assists in providing support for network security.
- Prepares and schedules computer setup, repair, configuration changes, or replacement
- Provides telephone, e-mail, remote access, or in-person solutions to day-to-day DNS issues.
- Support IS team in meeting key performance indicators and metrics
- Assist with the maintenance of records for hardware and software use along with license usage.
- Displays continuous improvement of current processes and procedures
- Develops strategies and processes to ensure on-time delivery of equipment, cost reduction opportunities and performance improvements.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware, and common business software such as MS Office
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems
- Understands the role of IS in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work shift work (swing or midnight) after 60-90 days of training and mission ready approval on day shift.
- 1-3 years of experience
Clearance: DoD Secret Clearance
Certifications: Security + CE
CE/OS Certification: Linux+, Microsoft 365-Certified Messaging Administrator Associate, Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associate or DDI Professional