Heptagon IT is looking for an Enterprise Network Tools Analyst to support our Air Force Intranet Control (AFINC) team at Maxwell Gunter AFB in Montgomery, AL. The AFINC Enterprise Network Analysis Team supports the 26 NOS, who requires services and solutions that accomplish and provide enabling capabilities to operate the DoDIN. These capabilities include, but are not limited to, Distributed Network Connectivity, Continuity of Operations, Information Management and Exchange, Standardization, Risk Management, DoD Enterprise Service Management Framework (DESMF), System Administration, Database Management, Account Management, Asset Management and Network Address Management.
- Manages enterprise tools and conducts in-depth analysis and data mining to improve AFIN performance.
- Provide and enable Situational Awareness (SA) via command and control using Air Force Life Cycle Engineering (LCSE) Process AFMCI 63-120.
- Conducts research and analysis from multiple sources, which will be combined into reports and products for senior management and external customers supporting AFINC performance.
- Manage, operate and monitor various enterprise management tools across multiple communication technologies. Maintain compliance while tasking assets across multiple authorities.
- Build analytics for more complex discovery and analysis tasks.
- Provide and enable network forensics analysis and threat response and analysis for issue mitigation.
- Cross train within each work/functional area areas to improve personnel skills, increase flexibility and agility to address peak functional workloads and projects.
- Create a tool feature training plan to provide Contractor and Government operator’s comprehensive instructions on how to perform all tasks associated with new and existing tools used by the 26 NOS to manage and operate AFNET and AFNET-S.
- Evaluate information for signs of communication changes.
- Identify alternative means of target communications.
- Take advantage of new collection resources and shares this information with others who would benefit from it.
- Take initiative to review scripts/traffic from other streams of collection to look for leads or complimenting data to enhance reports.
Experience and Education:
- Position minimum requirements: 3-7 years
- A professional level network security OS certification: MTA, Solarwinds Admin., Server+, or Equivalent Tools Certification and CompTIA Security+ CE or better security certification.
- Candidate should have some Splunk knowledge and experience.
- DoD Secret level security clearance required.