We are seeking highly motivated experienced Information Assurance Manager in support of a dynamic team at Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, AL. Support the Senior Security Architect maintain the authorization of the system throughout its lifecycle. Provide support and technical expertise related to Defense in Depth principles and technology in security engineering designs and implementation. Be responsible for assisting ISSMs with achieving and maintaining ATO/ATC. The candidate will be able to fully support new and existing inspectable DoD 8570 program compliance parameters such Risk Management Framework, Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) Programs, and operations under the following auspices: DoD Air Force IA policies and procedures using the guidance as applicable for specialized IA publications, to include but not limited to DoDI 8510.01, DoD 8570.01-M, AFMAN 33-285, ICD-503.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with most current HQ AFMC/A2S SCI Management Guidance Chap 4.E.5. Roles and Responsibilities for ISSO.
- Maintain thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, and determine which controls are applicable to the application, as well as document implementation in security matrix.
- Coordinate continuously with ISSM on all matters concerning Information Systems (IS) security to ensure full compliance with applicable security directives.
- Develop, implement, oversee, and maintain customer organization information assurance (IA) program that identifies IA requirements, personnel, processes, and procedures.
- Implement and enforce all DoD Air Force IA policies and procedures using the guidance within this instruction and applicable specialized IA publications, to include but not limited to DoDI 8510.01, DoD 8570.01-M, AFMAN 33-285, ICD-503.
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, supervisory need-to-know authorization, and are aware of their IA responsibilities (via IA training) before being granted access to Air Force information systems.
- Ensure all users receive IA refresher training on an annual basis.
- Develop and maintain Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) documentation for organization-specific systems connected.
- Ensure IT is operated, used, maintained, and disposed of properly and in accordance with the IT’s security A&A documentation as prescribed by Air Force Instruction.
- Manage Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities on assigned Information Systems
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and report potential security weaknesses and/or vulnerability finding to ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
- Apply auditing and computer systems documentation to verify that any identified IS weaknesses noted are fully addressed and discussed with the government.
- Report IA incidents or vulnerabilities to the installation WCSO.
- Technical degree, Associates or, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Science/Engineering/Math
- 8570 certification required CompTIA–Security + CE or higher (CASP, CISSP etc.)
- Professional security management certification required CE/OS Certification: CCNA or PCNSA
- DoD Air Force IA policies and procedures using the guidance within this instruction and applicable specialized IA publications, to include but not limited to DoDI 8510.01, DoD 8570.01-M, AFMAN 33-285, ICD-503.
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Products (2016-2019 / Office 365)
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Proficient with Computer and Server Hardware
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Strong willingness to learn, follow and lead when needed.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with SPLUNK and ACAS is a plus.
- Knowledge of CISCO and/or PALO Alto network devices a plus.