We are seeking a Senior level, Network Infrastructure Engineer to work on our AFNIC contract at Gunter Air Force Base. A Network Engineer experienced in architecting and deploying IP networks within large-scale environments and/or datacenter environments. The Infrastructure Engineer must be able to develop LAN/WAN designs, setup router/switch configurations, design/configure routing protocols, and set up IP subnet schemes. The Engineer must be able to exhibit strong communication, collaboration, as well as time and project management skills. This is a position that focuses on customer-facing (production) infrastructure.
Submit your resume today!
- Develop LAN/WAN network designs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience with LAN/WAN setup, TCP/IP protocol, routing/switching configurations, SolarWinds, Splunk, and firewall technologies.
- Troubleshoot complex network issues such as performance analysis, protocol problems, hardware failures and WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Participate in the implementation of agreed upon solutions and strategies.
- Troubleshoot technology issues, using various internal and external resources.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Provide knowledge transfer and informal training to clients and co-workers.
- Ability to install/terminate/test/troubleshoot cabling (CAT6) copper cabling plant and Fiber Optic (Single mode, Multimode).
- Three to eight years of progressively responsible network engineering hands-on experience with Cisco platforms.
- Candidates should have technical experience in all the following areas.
- Individual must have high degree of skills with the MS Office toolsets.
- Experience with Cisco routing/switching platforms and IOS.
- Experience with Cisco SISE/ACS platforms, implementations, and administration.
- Experience in implementing converged networks to include VoIP, VTC and QoS methods.
- Strong understanding of secure network architectures and encryption technologies preferred.
- Have a general knowledge of systems and enterprise storage technologies.
- VoIP component configuration and deployment experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Aruba and Dell switch platforms are a plus.
- BISCI training and or certifications on industry standards for cable plant installations testing and maintenance are a plus.
- Candidate must possess refined critical thinking skills, should be a self-starter, may direct the activities of other team members, diplomatic, multi-task capable, adaptive to a dynamic environment, dependable and reliable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently as required.
- Ability to lift, rack and provision government furnished equipment (GFE).
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or MIS related field. Advanced degree is preferred. Experience can be used for degree.
- Requires DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification: CompTIA Security+ CE (Continuing Education)
- Requires O/S certification: CCNA or higher.
- Prior experience in a government consulting services environment is required.
Clearance: Active DoD Secret required