The Report Writer will support the United States Air Force Civil Engineering NexGen project. In this role, you will work with our dynamic NexGen team to support critical Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities for the Air Force customer. You will play a critical role in ensuring the successful development, analysis and deployment actions to the Air Force CE community across more than 200 bases worldwide.
In this role, you will:
- Work with requirements to build complex reports utilizing BIRT (Eclipse Business Intelligence Reporting Tool) and TRIRIGA software on an Oracle database
- Collect, analyze and convert complex raw data and comprehensive information into user friendly reports
- Demonstrate expertise on work efforts that are focused on the analysis of the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and the general business to solve reporting objectives
- Demonstrate familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures from a TRIRIGA business perspective.
- Write innovative and data visualization reports and help develop dashboards with KPIs
- Convert technical data and information into a language more suitable for the non-technical reader to understand and from which they can derive important information and conclusions
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Develop a variety of formal or informal reports
- Exhibit a wide degree of creativity and latitude
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in TRIRIGA software/databases, or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of database technologies and BIRT, Hyperion, Cognos and Microsoft MySQL skills
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to understand/analyze complex queries and database technologies
- Experience evaluating customer requirements, performing detailed data mapping, and providing technical oversight in designing end user reports
- Experience using SOAP XML based web service APIs or similar technologies
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external organizations to resolve technical and other customer related problems, multitask, meet deadlines and set priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Agile development methodology preferred
- Experience with TRIRIGA Advanced Reporting preferred
- Experience with developing reports and dashboards in Jira preferred
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Air Force CE Community.
- Experience working with federal government programs, particularly DoD
- Experience developing reports in Tableau
- TRIRIGA UX application experience
- Must possess a verifiable Department of Defense Secret clearance.